wow what an awesome response to film petit yesterday! thanks so much you guys, those little outfits were a major labor of love and i was so excited to share them.
today i’m over at i’m feelin’ crafty as part of her super fun “sew ready to play” series! it’s all about sewing inspired by games – board games, video games, card games, whatever you like! as a child of the ’80s, i really had no choice but to sew something super mario bros. related, right? i was inspired by the previews cherie sent me of her FMF charlie dress and had fun appliquéing a mario scene onto a flashback skinny tee!
check out my guest post and mini-tutorial HERE.
now for a fun little thing…shannon from luvinthemommyhood, pretty much one of the sweetest bloggers out there, put up a mad libs type fill in the blank on her blog today and encouraged people to play along. the idea is to fill in the bold words with your own answers, so we can all get to know each other a little better. here’s hers. i don’t play along with these types of things very often, but i thought it’d be fun to share a bit of my creative process and stuff with you today. here goes:
- i’m longing to make “another washi dress and a sidekick tote“ right now.
- i want to try “sewing” with some “metal zippers!”
- i wish i could sew with “polka dot nani iro flannel“ fabric.
- i dream of making “cozy quilts for both kids and a lap quilt for movie watching.”
- i keep track of my ideas and inspiration by “sketching them in notebooks and pinning them on pinterest.”
- i’m inspired by “so many creative women in blogland!”
- i would love to meet “all my bloggy friends” in person. (can’t argue with shannon’s answer here!)
- my favorite fiber is “linen.”
- i like to sew with “good quality cotton.”
- i hate to sew with “minky and satin.“ (this one’s my own addition, hehe)
- my favorite color is “blue – all tones – the colors of the ocean.”
- i rock at “pairing colors.”
- i would like to learn how to “knit and crochet.”
- i bring my “iPhone” everywhere.
- my favorite thing to “sew” is “kid’s clothes.” (can’t argue with shannon here, either!)
- my crafting space “was once compared to a mad scientist’s laboratory.”
- if i had my dream crafting room it would be “filled with natural light, wood floors, and lots of room for organization.”
- i sew with “a Brother CS6000i…but i’m almost ready for an upgrade.”
- i like to draw “little dresses, geometric shapes, and glasgow roses.”
- i can never get enough “time to sew…or sleep.”
- i adore “seeing my kids starting to play together and having funny conversations.”
- i also enjoy “getting sneak previews of my friends’ upcoming projects!”
- i like to fill my shelves with “fabric and sewing patterns.”
- i create the best when i’m “on a deadline.”
- i am currently excited for “elsie marley’s fall kid’s clothes week challenge.”
- right now i am working on “organizing my fabric stash and cleaning up my space.”
- i love to watch “nothing, but i always listen to music” while creating.
- my guilty pleasure when it comes to creating is “filling my stash with pretty fabric from bolt“
- my current favorite music crush to listen to while creating is “billie holliday.“
care to join in? i’d love to see your answers! link up in the comments here and over at luvinthemommyhood!
have a great day!