vintage may roundup

28 May

vintage may has come to an end! i had fun, did you have fun? i hope you had fun. this was the first blog series i’ve hosted, and i had no idea what to expect. i was so excited about every guest post that rolled in, every comment, pin, and linkup. i found lots of new blogs, and i was inspired! thanks to everyone (visitors and sewalongers and guest bloggers and especially my co-host jess) who made it happen.

here’s a side-by-side roundup of each day’s guest posts, in case you missed any. craftiness is not optional guests are on the left, skirt as top guests are on the right. click on the project name to take you to the post, and click on the guest’s name to take you to their blog. we did try to schedule our guests to kind of “go together” stylistically, but as i was putting these photos together i was surprised to see just how perfectly each pair lined up! see for yourself…

WEEK ONE GUESTS

Untitled

vintage inspired dress by the cottage home // holly hobbie by nest full of eggs

Untitled-2

’60s tent dress by see kate sew // scalloped yoke tutorial by hart & sew

Untitled-1

sewing with vintage patterns by simple simon & co. // vintage inspired dress by girl.inspired.

Untitled-3

vintage tea dress tutorial by shwin & shwin // bubblegum dress and vintage pattern tips by made by rae

Untitled-4

lace overlay dress tutorial by i’m thinking… // boy outfit with bloomer tutorial by cirque du bebe

WEEK TWO GUESTS

aesthetic nest / running with scissors

mod shift dress tutorial by aesthetic nest // modern lederhosen tutorial by running with scissors

no big dill / probably actually

fascinator tutorial by no big dill // oliver + s remix with mini tutorial by probably actually

crafterhours / elsie marley

vintage romper by crafterhours // vintage sheet shirt by elsie marley

me sew crazy / you & mie

colorblock leggings tutorial by me sew crazy // suspender skirt tutorial by you & mie

noodlehead / my sparkle

pleated tunic by noodlehead // violet femme dress by my sparkle

pretty great, eh? such talented ladies, thank you ALL. i love the variety of outfits and how everyone has a slightly different take on “vintage.” to me it’s one of those words that invokes more of a nostalgic feeling rather than a certain specific decade or style, so it was great reading the meaning behind your choices. i also really enjoyed reflecting on how i met each of my guests and what draws me to them. you may have noticed that my intro paragraphs got longer as the days went on, and i think that’s because i both missed writing my own posts and i just got more comfortable talking up their awesomeness!

the week before our guest posts started, jess and i did “inspiration posts” and a few of our own projects, and i did a flickr group round up – you can find that recap here.

and now, a final vintage may flickr group roundup! i can’t even believe how wonderful you guys are, and how many people actually sewed along for vintage may. i am so inspired by you – thank you SO much! here are some of my favorites…

mosaic5d7f11586a514092d197c48fdca8c2d7ce801ca3

finally, i wanted to send a HUGE thanks to jess for asking me to co-host this series with her. it was a truly collaborative effort and i’m so lucky to call her a bloggy friend! jess, you’re great. i’m so excited to find out whether your newest little bun is a boy or a girl! i’m rooting for a boy purely for all the new and exciting sewing projects he would lead to. :)

i hope everyone had a great weekend, and if you discovered my blog through vintage may, welcome! i’ve been sewing a bit during the past couple weeks and i’m excited to share my projects. just know i don’t normally post every day – three weeks of daily posting is a bit exhausting for this working mama! it was totally worth it for such a fun series, though.

thanks again, and i’ll see you soon.

19 Responses to “vintage may roundup”

1. Caila May 28, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

Kristin, thanks so much for putting a picture of my Vintage-Inspired Baby Dress up there! How exciting! I LOVED Vintage May; thanks so much for all your hard work. It was so inspiring. :)

2. anna May 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

awesomeness all around!!! great series!!! :) everyone did a lovely job!

3. Max May 29, 2012 at 1:03 am #

These are so amazing! Thank you Kristin for bringing it, and thanks to everyone who contributed!!

4. La Inglesita May 29, 2012 at 1:50 am #

Thank you for choosing the skirt I made as a favourite!! I loved this series and all the projects in the pool are so gorgeous. Thanks again
    María

5. Laura May 29, 2012 at 4:57 am #

I have loved following this series. I’ve definitely been inspired and found some amazing vintage fabric last week so I’m looking forward to sewing with that. Thanks for all your hard work.

6. Jane May 29, 2012 at 6:38 am #

Thank you Kristin and Jess for hosting vintage may!! So much fun and inspiring! :) Thanks for featuring my doily pockets too! Looking forward to browsing the flickr group to see all of the other goodies!

7. gail May 29, 2012 at 7:44 am #

yay! thanks for all the inspiration and for having me on board, it was an honor! the projects in the flickr pool are AMAZING!!

8. carolyn May 29, 2012 at 7:46 am #

Yay! You guys did such a fantastic job with this! I’ve loved seeing what everybody made!

9. nestedinstitches May 29, 2012 at 9:42 am #

what a fun series, you ladies rocked it! can’t wait to see what projects you’ve been working on. and thanks for the linky love. ;)

10. Rachel May 29, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

thanks for all the time & work you put into this. i enjoyed seeing all the inspiration, made note of a few techniques for future reference & discovered a few new blogs along the way :)

11. Erin May 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Awww, thanks for putting up my pillowcase dress up there :). I was definitely inspired by all the fabulous guests posts you guys had each day…. And discovered many new blogs too!

• kristin May 31, 2012 at 12:09 am #

i love your maternity top too but didn’t want to overflow the roundup with hungie gungie! ;)

12. Chelise Patterson May 29, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Wow! I’ve never seen such a great round-up of tutorials! I wish I would have been following along. I’m looking forward to keeping up with your blog from now on :)

• kristin May 31, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

thanks so much, chelise! i loved watching you on PR&P – great work there lady!!

13. luvinthemommyhood May 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

AWESOME!!! Hope you guys do it again :)

14. Danielle May 30, 2012 at 10:23 am #

Thanks for letting me be a part! Great job. I feel like hosting one of these things would be a lot of work. So thanks for a job well done!

15. Cherie May 31, 2012 at 12:00 am #

YAY! Thanks for hosting this awesome series and letting me be a part of it. So much inspiration and so many ideas floating around my head now! So this will be annual, right!?? ;)

• kristin May 31, 2012 at 12:10 am #

We’re considering it!! We’ll see what happens, but glad to know we have a couple votes in favor! :)

16. meg May 31, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

I vote for another year! Thank you for letting me be a part of this awesome series!