have i got some sweet stuff for you today!
i was recently lucky enough to pattern test the newest pattern by the lovely and talented shannon of luvinthemommyhood, which was just released yesterday! it’s called the sweetheart dress, and it’s the perfect dress for a girly little gal like mine. it’s a quick, fun sew, featuring a fully lined bodice with the cutest heart cutout in the back, and a gathered skirt for twirling. it’s a dress that’s great for comfy day-to-day wear, but has tons of style!
i sewed it in sarah jane’s find the narwhal fabric from her out to sea line, and i’ve decided it’s pretty much the cutest fabric ever. Em calls the narwhals “unicorn whales,” and i’m not correcting her. they ARE unicorn whales! the fabric itself is quilting cotton, but with a really nice drape and feel.
shannon’s pattern is great, and i even learned how to line a bodice in a way that i had never tried before. it’s always fun to learn something new when i sew! it came together nicely and i was excited to make a dress that i knew Em would love.
the pattern includes sizes 2-6. though it’s a PDF pattern and i know some people aren’t so fond of those, it actually requires no taping! NONE! just print the three page pattern, cut it out, and get sewing.
i just think between the heart cutout and the pink narwhal fabric, this dress pure confection. you probably need this sweet little pattern for KCWC next week, right? well…i can help with that!
luvinthemommyhood is generously offering a fantastic pattern giveaway to skirt as top readers! here’s how you can win:
leave me a comment on this post – any comment will do. if you need an idea, i’d love to hear what part of the changing season you’re most excited about.
- like skirt as top on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting me know
- like luvinthemommyood on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting me know
- visit the luvinthemommyhood pattern shop and let me know your favorite pattern in there (man i wish i could knit)
- if it’s not already linked in your profile, please leave your email address so we can contact you. the format of skirtastop(at)gmail(dot)com works well to help avoid spam.
- open to US and international residents.
- void where prohibited.
- if you don’t want to wait to find out if you’ve won, you can buy the sweetheart dress right here right now!
have a great day, and good luck!