straight up belgian style

11 Feb

happy monday!  today i’m doing some international blogging over at StraightGrain as the first guest in An’s new series…kid’s clothes belgian style!

KCBS button

what is “belgian style?”  well…i had the same question.  thankfully, An put together a pinterest board to enlighten us, and man, belgian style is cute!!!  bright colors, fun layers, happy prints.  it’s different and cool and exciting and i want it to catch on in America very badly.

i already knew i loved An’s own style (especially this and this – she offers some adorable free patterns, too).  in fact, I was so inspired by An’s pastoral dresses, i had already made this dress two days before she even asked me to guest post!  that’s called psychic overachieving, folks.

deer for days geranium dress

so yeah, i’m pretty giddily excited about this one.  it’s fun and silly and somehow high fashion too?  i never thought i’d be shopping in the “photographic wildlife” section of the fabric store, but now i’m curious what other outlandish prints might make great kid dresses – potatoes?  ferns?  1980s mcdonald’s prints (actually seen at a the same store i got this fabric…)??  maybe so.  maybe so.

come check out my guest post at StraightGrain to see more!

hope your week is off to a great start.

11 Responses to “straight up belgian style”

1. carolyn February 11, 2013 at 9:16 am #

Photographic wildlife section?? I can’t wait to see what you made! Popping over now…

2. Celina February 11, 2013 at 9:41 am #

I L-O-V-E belgium kids clothes… definetly one of my favorites! What a great series. You did such an amazing job with that fabric- too cute ( as always!).

3. Maureen Cracknell February 11, 2013 at 10:20 am #

I love the deer!! And, ferns sound pretty cool to me, too!!

4. Sanae February 11, 2013 at 11:08 am #

Love it, Kristin! Your write-up over at An’s blog was fantastic too! And oh, I was enormously touched by the story of your grandmother – such a beautiful discovery!

5. mina dotter February 11, 2013 at 12:06 pm #

Glad to have discovered this place thanks to straightGrain!

6. carolina February 11, 2013 at 12:24 pm #

I love belgium clothes for kids and have a list of favorites bloggers, like EmmaenMona, Mina Dotter, leneMiene and really want a copy of Mme Zsa Zsa book, “Allemaal rokjes”, And Van Katoen event was absolutely great with a lot of gorgeous patterns including “The Antoinette Dress”. My God I am a fan. ;p

7. Venus February 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm #

Hi Kristin.. just hopped over from An’s and I too want Belgian style to hit the US. Yah… who would’ve thunk photographic wildlife on children’s clothing?! Well the Belgian did and I’m hooked! Love-love the dress!!!

8. gail February 11, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

oh the cuteness!!! it’s blinding!! hey, we both posted geraniums w/ rain boots today :)

9. Truly Myrtle February 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

Very cute – I hope it catches on here in the UK too :)

10. Laura February 13, 2013 at 7:45 am #

I love this dress, the Belgian style is so cool. You should make yourself a matching Washi.

11. danawillard February 13, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

haha. I love me some Belge.
    Especially true waffles from there, from the street, holding it in my hand.
    Mmmm. memories…