seasons greetings, happy holidays, and…

24 Dec

merry christmas

i hope you and your family have a peaceful and joyous Christmas!  we’re eagerly awaiting Santa’s visit and looking forward to lots of family party time.  Em is hoping Santa brings a pink bicycle and an elephant (shock of shocks), and O is hoping for a helicopter.  probably won’t get a white Christmas around here, but it’s not raining so that’s a plus.

up there is my favorite ornament – i got it when i was just a year old according to the date on the bottom (my mom was great about labeling our ornaments as kids).  it enjoys a place of prominence on the tree each year.  why a sparkly ice cream cone?  no idea, but it makes me smile every time.

take care, and Merry Christmas!!

6 Responses to “seasons greetings, happy holidays, and…”

1. Rae December 24, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Merry Christmas dear friend!!! Have a great time with the fam. I sincerely hope Santa doesn’t bring Em an elephant…you know how it is with kids and their pets…they SAY they’ll take it for walks and clean up after it, but who ends up shoveling up all that shit? That’s right.

• kristin December 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

soooo truuuuue. you should see our backyard right now. elephant crap everywhere – it’s insanity. i’m gonna get that Santa Claus if it’s the last thing i do!!!

2. Melissa December 24, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Merry Christmas to you – love the ornament!

3. nestedinstitches December 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

Merry Christmas, Kristin!

4. I'm Feelin' Crafty December 25, 2012 at 11:29 pm #

Merry Christmas to you and your family too! Love the dating of ornaments. I date all the kiddos art work, but have I dated the ornaments?? I know I haven’t on the ones we purchase. Love it!

5. Haylee January 1, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

ha that ice cream ornament is the best. The fact that you got it when you were younger makes it even better.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas Kristin!