guest posting at kojodesigns

6 Jul

today i’m over at the fab kojodesigns as their final guest blogger for color your summer 2012! color your summer is always a bright, cheery, fun series with lots of great projects both at kojo and delia creates and i’m excited to be a part of it this year.  click on over for my tutorial to adapt rae’s ever-versatile flashback skinny tee pattern into a breezy tunic for your little gal.

green eyelet tunic tutorial by skirt as top
if you ever may have wondered what i bought at britex a few months back…this is it (well, some of it). $30/yd luxuriously soft circle eyelet. suffice it to say i made a muslin first. and i only bought 1/2 yd. thank goodness Em is small.

green eyelet tunic tutorial by skirt as top

i’ve got some super fun stuff going on next week too – i’ll be announcing a new project with jessica that i’m especially psyched out of my mind about (that’s a clue right there) and a guest post that’s all about SHORTS! but first, head over to kojo to find out how to make this little top and check out the rest of their color your summer rainbow!

green eyelet tunic tutorial by skirt as top
have a great weekend!

UPDATE: i reposted the tutorial for this tunic here on skirt as top too.

27 Responses to “guest posting at kojodesigns”

1. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy July 6, 2012 at 5:47 am #

I love this Kristin! That fabric is fabulous, where did you find it in green? Or did you dye it?! love all that you are doing with the flashback tee!

• kristin July 6, 2012 at 8:25 am #

thanks! the fabric came like that!!! such a great green. i’d never seen anything like it, so i snapped it up despite the price tag. britex had all sorts of fabric that made my heart sing, but my wallet cry. ;)

2. gail July 6, 2012 at 7:04 am #

they totally saved the best for last!! that fabric was a such a great inspiration, i love what you did with it. we’ve gotta get these girls together in their matching hot pink salt waters!!

• kristin July 6, 2012 at 8:25 am #

aw thanks, gail. we totally do. they’d love that, i’m sure.

3. Jessica @ Running With Scissors July 6, 2012 at 8:10 am #

So cute, and love that huge eyelet. I’ve never seen anything like it. Perfect for the tunic or as a swim cover up!
    Can’t wait to hear what you and a little gray have planned!!!
    Hawaii looks amazing too!

• kristin July 6, 2012 at 8:26 am #

i wish i could’ve afforded enough to make something for myself – it is truly beautiful stuff (and so soft to the touch, too). thanks!

4. Lucinda July 6, 2012 at 8:10 am #

Oh, what a fun splurge! And it’s green – always a good thing:) I bet it feels amazing. And love the scenery in the last photo – so beautiful!!

• kristin July 6, 2012 at 8:30 am #

i love green. it pairs so well with so many other colors. and yes, the scenery in hawaii is just gorgeous! we have so many photos of just the ocean on our camera right now, it’s a bit silly.

5. carolyn July 6, 2012 at 8:32 am #

What a beautiful top! And man, that last picture is gorgeous!

6. Emily July 6, 2012 at 8:49 am #

Beautiful and breezy top! Love the last picture! :) Ps maybe sometime you will have to splurge for you!

7. kate July 6, 2012 at 9:06 am #

super cute. I love it paired with the magenta sandals!

8. Rachel July 6, 2012 at 9:29 am #

wow, that is some lovely green eyelet fabric you found there !!!
    the tunic looks so easy to wear :)
    & what a gorgeous photo of your daughter walking in Hawaii !

9. anna July 6, 2012 at 10:13 am #

so totally awesome and summery feeling!!! i love the little neckties, great detail. Now I wonder if my kids would wear one, probably not. :(

10. jessica July 6, 2012 at 11:44 am #

you are too good. TOO GOOD!

11. Cirque Du Bebe July 6, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

Wow, I can’t believe that started out as the flashback tee. But it’s not surprising that you would somehow manage to totally transform it into an adorable tunic!

12. trinh July 6, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

Supercute top and what a lovely green. Let me know if you guys ever want to come over for a swim:-)

13. Cherie July 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

And you’ve done it again! I love it so much and your little girlie is too cute in green and pink. I love the design of this top – I want to make one too! And I can’t wait for your big announcement with Jessica! :) :) :)

14. dramaqueenseams July 7, 2012 at 6:56 am #

Love it! The fabric is gorgeous!

15. Laura July 7, 2012 at 10:03 am #

Gorgeous fabric, shame about the price – no wonder you made a muslin. The tunic is beautiful, another great variation of the FST. Em looks very cute in it and the fit is perfect.

16. straightgrain July 8, 2012 at 12:40 am #

That tunic is so beautiful! Great model, and lovely fabric too!

17. Jacki O., Red-Headed Mommy July 8, 2012 at 8:13 am #

This is so beautiful–I love the simplistic look to it! Perfect for kiddos :) The fabric is simply gorgeous!

18. Caila July 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

This is going on my (enormous) sewing to-do list! I love the tutorial and I agree with everyone else: that green is a-maz-ing. I love all things green this season. Great job, Kristin!

19. Jess July 9, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

that is adorable! I wanted to buy some Liberty while we were there today but I didn’t but now I wish I had!!

20. Lisa H. July 10, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

Oh my, this is so adorable!

21. Justine sew country chick July 10, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

Thanks foe stopping by Kristin. Your little one looks so chic there in Hawaii!

22. Jane July 17, 2012 at 5:58 am #

love this shirt…ahhh, so perfect for summer! Violet would LOVE this shirt, but forget about her ;) I would love it!!! :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Sewing Trends with Melanie « Sew,Mama,Sew! Blog - August 14, 2012

[...] by Elegance & Elephants, Easy Skirt with Pockets Tutorial by Groovybaby….and mama, Breezy Green Eyelet Tunic Tutorial and Fruit Stripe Skirt Tutorial both by skirt as [...]