pink gradient bunting

21 Dec

i definitely didn’t get too ambitious with handmade gifts this christmas.  aside from the cape, this is the only other handmade gift i’m giving.  woops!

my sister requested “one of those triangle banner thingies” for her daughter C’s room for christmas.  C is almost three years old, and a big fan of pink like Em is.  they just moved into a new house, and C’s bedroom has been painted light pink!  my sis asked for pink/orange/magenta, though i had to clarify whether “raspberry” was okay, because i don’t have much magenta fabric.  it was.

this one actually gave me a bit of trouble, color-wise.  i have tons of pink fabric around, since Em wants me to make her nothing but pink dresses, but i wanted to mix prints like my other banners (spring, fallwinter, and sisters, for example).  it wasn’t really working for some reason.  however, once i decided to go with a symmetrical gradient solid-ish scheme with just one obvious print (my long-hoarded heather ross far far away I) it came together nicely.

i can’t do JUST PINK without a bit of grounding, so i used charcoal bias tape on it (store-bought).

i snapped these photos in our room while they were on their way over to visit this morning, so i can get it wrapped up!  meanwhile, my kids did this:

she’s wearing her christmas dress and my shoes, and he’s playing with a broom in our messy closet.  nice.  :)

back to wrapping!

7 Responses to “pink gradient bunting”

1. Lucinda December 21, 2011 at 4:24 pm #

what a lucky niece to have such a talented aunt like you ! Hope she enjoys it – I think it’s lovely!

2. gail December 21, 2011 at 8:34 pm #

it’s a very sweet little “triangle banner thingie”. :) i’m working on my final handmade gift tonight…bringing my impressive grand total to two as well!

3. kim December 22, 2011 at 12:16 am #

If you can see that much floor in your closet, I don’t think you get to call it messy! And you know I’m a big fan of your buntings, particularly of “sisters.” ;) Love you!

• kristin December 22, 2011 at 10:40 pm #

that is THE ONLY clean space in the closet! most of the mess is cleverly hidden by sneaky cropping. ;) love you too!

4. Carolyn December 22, 2011 at 9:38 am #

It came out fantastic! What a perfect little present!
    (and on an unrelated note – we had that same bed, but sadly had to get rid of it when we switched from a full to a queen size bed. I miss the bed frame…but I love the extra space!)

• kristin December 22, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

thanks! that’s so funny about the bed – ours is a queen. we had to upgrade from a full soon after getting married. i think a happy marriage depends on at LEAST a queen size bed!

5. lindsay December 24, 2011 at 2:57 am #

Love the gradient pinks- so cute!