kcwc fall 2011: day 2

11 Oct

my son’s wardrobe consists of something like 75% hand-me-downs from his boy cousins and sister, 15% gifts or new purchases, and 10% handmade by me.  the great thing about the hand-me-downs are that they’re in great shape, fashionable, and free.  the bad thing is they are slightly the wrong season, because his cousins are spring babies.

O is in need of pants, both regular and pajama.  i have major “sewer’s guilt” and struggle to buy anything but major sale items now since i can make it so much cheaper (i’m sure this is a common affliction!)  i should just spend all of KCWC sewing pants for the little guy, but that would get a bit repetitive.  here’s a start at least.

they’re the bottoms to the (out of print) oliver + s bedtime story pajamas.  i made them in 12-18 month size but 18-24 month length, because i’m sick and tired of how fast this kid grows out of stuff!

also, he always pulls socks off, so i figured longer pants might keep his toesies a little warmer.  i think i made them long enough…

but thanks to the hem bindings, they look cute cuffed too.

the polka dots are michael miller ta dot flannel (again), and the bindings are my happy garden for cloud9 fabrics.  i usually exercise more restraint on prints for boys, but thought it’d be fun to mix dots and stripes on these PJs.  the flannel is sooooo soft and cuddly, it makes me want to snuggle him even more than usual!

that’s two “bottoms” in a row…maybe a top next?  off i go!

13 Responses to “kcwc fall 2011: day 2”

1. gail October 11, 2011 at 10:41 pm #

those look super cozy and i love the fabrics together. definitely the season for flannel pjs!

2. Erin October 12, 2011 at 4:20 am #

these pants are darling… i love the fabric….enjoying all this kcwc inspiration!
    -Erin

3. jessica October 12, 2011 at 4:51 am #

polka dots usually look girly to me, but these pants don’t at all. Good print mixing!

4. stitchandpurl October 12, 2011 at 7:19 am #

Aww, I love them – too sweet!

5. anna October 12, 2011 at 7:35 am #

love how snuggly they look! I want to make some now. Maybe I need to go flannel shopping! :)

6. Carolyn October 12, 2011 at 9:18 am #

Ohh, such cute little pj pants!

7. trula October 12, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

Good thing you made them a little bigger. Otherwise you might have to hand them down next month :)

8. Julie October 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

I squealed with delight when I saw him in the PJ’s – adorable! The polka dots are perfect and stylish!

9. Crystal October 13, 2011 at 3:49 am #

So cute. And I totally hear you on the sewers guilt thing. I cannot bring myself to purchase pants for my little guy. I just can’t do it.

10. Kimberly October 14, 2011 at 12:27 am #

So cute! I love that you used polka dots – that little peering out the door shot is just priceless.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. KCWC & SF « skirt as top - April 19, 2012

[...] skirt | polka dot PJs | rosy pierrot | sailboat cords | angelina [...]

2. KCWC spring 2012: day 4:: fox pajamas « skirt as top - April 28, 2012

[...] pattern!).  it’s quick, easy, and cute.  i’ve sewn it a couple times (here and here) and was curious how fast i could make it.  so i speed tested [...]

3. kcwc fall 2012: day 3:: far far away pjs « skirt as top - October 11, 2012

[...] becoming tradition for me to sew pajama pants for this kid during KCWC.  i sewed polka dot flannel ones last fall, and fox ones last spring.  since both were big on him when i made them, they actually [...]